Coach Code of Conduct
MANAGER/COACH CODE OF CONDUCT
Each individual who accepts the responsibility of managing or coaching a Little League® baseball teamis a special kind of person, with special qualities. This code is applicable to all managers and coaches of the League, who endeavor to teach baseball to children on fields of friendly competition, where dignity and sportsmanship should reign.
As a manager or coach I accept that The Bellaire Little League, Inc. subscribes to the principle of coaching by example and insists that coaches conduct themselves in a manner worthy of their calling to leadership of young people. The Manager’s Code of Conduct is comprised of the following guidelines, which if followed will ensure that our every manager and coach will be a credit to the game:
- I will endeavor to make baseball participation a fun and enjoyable experience for all the League’s boys and girls.
- I will by my actions and words promote goodwill and sportsmanship at all practices and games.
- I will dress appropriately for both games and practices, and in doing so set an example for others to follow.
- I will make teaching and instruction of baseball skills and strategy my primary goal, and will make every attempt to balance criticism with praise for every player.
- I will emphasize fairness and team participation over winning.
- I will not let winning be my primary motivation in coaching and will emphasize and encourage the development of superior skill, character, and “team” concepts.
- I will learn the rules and regulations of Little League® baseball and regard them as mutual agreements, the spirit or letter of which no one should try to evade or break.
- I will assist and cooperate with the League, its officer and directors in maintaining proper conduct of all of my team’s players, coaches, parents, guests and other spectators at all practices and games, in accordance with the League’s Parent Code of Conduct.
- I will in baseball, as in life, treat others as I would have them treat me.
- When I accept the responsibility of managing or coaching a team, I will also accept the responsibility to the team, to the players, to their parents, and to the League to support the League in it’s endeavors to promote the aims of Little League® baseball, namely the development in our children of good sportsmanship, honesty, loyalty, courage and respect for authority, so that they may be well adjusted, stronger and happier children and will grow to be good, decent, healthy and trustworthy citizens.